Hello my name is Joe McPherson and I am Code Brighton!
I have over 20 years of experience in web development, programming, e-learning. I'll get stuck into anything code related so if you have a project that you think I can help with please get in touch.
Over the years I've been lucky enough to have worked in partnership with some amazing people and organisations.
- 20 years of software and web development.
- Lead Developer experience
- Project management, budget handling and time-scaling
- Technical specification/design documentation
- Clear written and verbal communication with clients and team members
- Back-end PHP and MySQL
- Object Oriented and Procedural coding
- GIT and SVN source control
- Teamwork in an Agile environment. Jira and the Atlassian suite
- Drupal module development, configuration, building and theming
- Wordpress: development of plugins / theming
- Laravel PHP MVC framework
- CSS frameworks such as Zen. CSS Compilers (SASS)
- Code validated with W3C to DOCTYPE
- Legitimate SEO practices and content optimisation
- Accessibility standards: WAI (W3C) and Section 508
- Working with RESTful APIs
- Solr search integration
- Responsive website coding (Bootstrap)
- Developing in a Linux environment